Monday, February 25, 2013

I can do anything...

I've been pondering a few things over the last few weeks. I've come to realize that even though I try very hard, every day, I know I can't do everything. There is so much I want to do, though. There is so much I want to become. There are so many changes I want to see in my current life. I try. Every day. But I realized that even though I know I can do anything (because I'm a woman afterall!!), I can't do everything. I realized I needed to determine my priorities. I needed to set limits for myself. If I don't do this, I will fail at everything. I need to give 100% of me to those priorities. My #1 priority is my family. That will never change. I always make time for their sporting events, school events/homework, etc. But we need more quiet family time together. And my husband is also included in the first priority. I vow that we have at least one evening out together each month-- no.matter.what. We deserve it. My #2 priority is me. Sounds silly to actually type and read that one. But, I am important. I'm excited to get back into my exercise regimen after my foot surgery. I want to do fun 5k's this year to celebrate different causes and raise awareness. I want to tone my tummy. (not sure if that is possible after two kids, but I'm gonna try!) My #3 priority is my career. For those of you reading this and know me personally, you know and have heard (many times!) how trapped I've been feeling. I need to focus and truly figure out what I want to do and then GO FOR IT. I'm losing valuable time and knowledge by staying in a position that doesn't value what I can contribute. My #4 priority is this blog. I started this as a creative outlet--where I could share what I cook, create and find along my everyday ventures. It isn't supposed to be stressful or sufficating. I don't need that. So, right now, because I am a working parent of two active kiddos, I can't commit to a certain number of posts per week or judge myself against some of the amazing and awesome blogs I read on a daily basis. This is the beginning. I'm still learning and I want it to continue to be fun.
Whew. I feel so much better to get that out in the open. Thank you so much for following along and reading my blog. I'm blessed that in this short time I do have people subscribing to the blog, following me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. It's an amazing feeling when you get an email notification that you have a comment. I read them. I cerish them. I get giddy and smile at each one (so far I haven't received a negative one...but I'm sure that it will come someday and then I won't be smiling!). I created a printable with a popular saying, basically the theme to today's blog post. Do what you do best if you like it--print and share!
Cindy
I can do anything but not everything quote

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...