Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tasty Tuesday--Taco Bake

Are you ready for another recipe that is easy to prepare and one that the whole family will enjoy? I've got it right here! We just had this on Sunday and the kiddos ate it right up! I've made it a few times before, in fact, it has a 4 star rating from the family! See, when we try a new recipe (usually weekly), each family member gives it a star rating--5 being the best (and make it every day!). If the rating falls below a 3, I won't make it again OR I will get input on how to make it better. This original recipe came from the Kraft Magazine.

Taco Bake

Ingredients:
1 pkg Kraft Deluxe Mac & Cheese Dinner
1 lb hamburger
1 pkg taco seasoning (or 2 Tbls of your own)
3/4 c water
3/4 c sour cream (I use light)
1 1/2 c shredded cheese (I use the co-jack or Mexican blend)
Crushed Tortilla Chips
Toppings: lettuce, tomato, salsa, black olives, etc.

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare mac & cheese as directed on package. Meanwhile, brown meat, add taco seasoning and water to the meat; simmer for 5 minutes. Stir sour cream into prepared dinner. Spoon 1/2 of mac & cheese into lightly sprayed 8x8 baking dish; layer with the meat. Top with 1 cup of shredded cheese and remaining mac & cheese. Cover and bake 15 minutes. Top with crushed tortilla chips and 1/2 c cheese. Bake uncovered for 5 mintues. Serve with your favorite taco toppings!

So cheesy, so yummy! Enjoy!

Cindy

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...