Saturday, December 15, 2012

Homemade Christmas--Customized Photo Board

I've got another easy, customizable Christmas gift you can give to one of your favorite people. Many months ago I purchased these boards from Pick Your Plum (check out this daily site if you haven't already--such cute things!) and I have been waiting for a creative way to use them. When I visited a craft fair this fall, I saw photo boards with sayings on them and it struck me--that is what I would do with my boards--with my own twist of course!

I spray painted the boards with flat black spray paint and sanded the edges. Next I picked out a scrapbook paper that I liked and that coordinated with the saying that I was putting on the photo board. I applied a layer of Modge Podge on the board before applying the paper. Then I sanded the paper to give it rough edges. For this gift, I used copper glitter words that I bought at Michael's. I adhered them to the scrapbook paper with Modge Podge and let dry. Then I added some decorative flowers to give it a little extra touch. I added the photo corners on the little blocks so the recipient could add her favorite photos.

I loved how super simple this was, but so personal. I gave this to one of my dearest friends I met in college and still remain very close to. She is a great friend and I wanted to let her know that she was one of my Forever Friends.

Have a great day!

Cindy

 

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. That is really cool :) I love Pick Your Plum! Isn't it the best?!

    ReplyDelete

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...