Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tasty Tuesday--Pizza Muffins

A few weeks back, my husband left for a week to go hunting down in Missouri with his dad. That week just happened to be crazy with work, doctor appointments and sports. Meals had to be simple and quick! This meal came together with items I already had in the freezer and fridge! (BONUS!!) I'm sure there are other combinations that would work really well, too! The possibilities are endless. Here's a little background on the leftovers I used to make this meal:
Every summer we spend many evenings out by our campfire ring in the backyard. One tradition is to make dinner in the fire. That dinner is usually Pizza Pie-dies. We use hamburger that is browned, mix in pizza sauce and Italian seasonings. Then we take buttered bread and put them in the pie iron, a spoonful of the pizza mix, some mozzarella cheese and pop that into the fire for a few minutes. Then for dessert, we do the same but substitute the pizza mix with cherry and/or apple pie filling! It is amazing!
Well, this summer when I made the Pizza Pie-dies, we had extra pizza filling, so I put it in a freezer safe container for later use. The week my husband was gone, those leftovers came in handy! I had an extra can of biscuits from the Apple Cinnamon Monkey Bread I made and we always have mozzarella cheese on hand. That's all we needed to make these Pizza Muffins!
First, make sure your pizza mixture is warm to ensure you don't have a cold center when you eat these! Next, press the biscuits into the muffin tin, trying to stretch it up the sides a bit. Spoon in the warmed pizza mixture and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake according to the biscuit directions. I think I added about 2 more minutes on top of the directions to brown the cheese a little more.

I scored two thumbs up for this easy meal that was on the table in 20 minutes! I steamed some broccoli in the microwave and served it along with the Pizza Muffins. Yum!

Pizza Muffins

Ingredients

Pizza Mixture (1/2 lb browned hamburger mixed with pizza sauce and Italian seasoning)
1 Can Biscuits ( I used regular, you could also use the "Grands" version, too)
Mozzarella Cheese

Directions:
Line muffin tin with biscuits, stretching the biscuit up the sides of the tin. Spoon pizza mixture in the biscuit, top with cheese. Bake according to the biscuit directions or until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve warm.


I've got another very busy week ahead, but I'm hoping to post a few projects I've done recently! Have a great week!

Cindy

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! My kids would love this! I just pinned it and will be making it tonight. Thanks for sharing.
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Please let me know how they like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, looks yummy and I'm sure my kids would approve ;) Thanks for sharing!!

    Fotini

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, I love this idea! Perfect for when my kids want a snack. They are always starving when they get home from school!

    Visiting from Simply Sweet home Friday link party

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look delicious! I love your blog and your recipes and this one is for sure one, I will make!
    Thank you so much for sharing this at Wednesday Extravaganza! Voting is today :)
    Hope to see you there again next week!

    Jutta

    ReplyDelete

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...