Thursday, October 18, 2012

Wine Cork Art Piece

I am not a wine drinker, but my kitchen has the wine/vineyard theme. I just love the look. A few years ago I was shopping in Galena (fun girls trip!) and I saw a wine cork bulletin board and had an idea. I had an old barn wood framed cork board that I no longer used because it didn't match my new kitchen decor. This would be perfect to use! So, I asked friends to gather up their wine corks and as soon as had enough, I began the repurposed cork board.
I used E6000 glue and lined up the wine corks the way I wanted. Looking back, I could have done more of a pattern, but I still like the way it turned out. Once everything is in place and glued down. Let dry and set a couple of days before you use it (or in my case, hang it up to display).
When it was finished, I decided not to use it as a cork board, but as a simple art piece for my wine/vineyard themed kitchen. I love it. I'm actually thinking about staining the barn wood, but I don't want to ruin it!
What do you think?

Pin It!

1 comment:

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...