Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tasty Tuesday--Apple Cinnamon Monkey Bread

It's funny how a 5 gallon bucket of apples makes you think about different ways you could use them. My family loves monkey bread, so I thought why not add some chopped apples in with all that yummy cinnamony goodness! I was right--this was a home run recipe! I followed my standard recipe that I got out of a Church cookbook (I received this as a bridal shower gift many years ago and I turn to it often--one of my favs!) and simply added chopped apples in the center!
Here it goes:
Take 3 cans of Pillsbury biscuits and cut them up into quarters. Mix together cinnamon and sugar in a large Ziploc bag. Drop a few biscuits into the cinnamon sugar mixture and coat them. Stack them into a well greased Bundt pan. When you've stacked about half of the biscuits, add a layer of chopped apples.

Top with the remaining biscuits. Melt butter and mix in brown sugar and cinnamon and pour over the biscuits. Bake for 35 minutes.

Let set 15 minutes and then invert onto your serving platter and DIG IN!

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
 3 cans Pillsbury Biscuits
1/2 c sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 c. brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 apples, chopped

Directions
Cut biscuits into quarters. Mix together cinnamon and sugar in a large Ziploc bag. Drop a few biscuits into the cinnamon sugar mixture and coat them. Stack them into a well greased Bundt pan. When you've stacked about half of the biscuits, add a layer of chopped apples.
Top with the remaining biscuits. Melt butter and mix in brown sugar and cinnamon and pour over the biscuits. Bake for 35 minutes. Let set 15 minutes and then invert onto your serving platter.

So what do you think? We loved it and I will definately make this again! I still have MORE apples to use up. Have any suggestions?

Cindy

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. oh yum! This looks amazing! I was also admiring your turkey napkin rings! I'm hosting a Thanksgiving party all month long (until Thanksgiving) and would love for you to come over and link it up! This is in addition to my normal Tasteful Tuesday party that runs every Tuesday. Thank you for taking the time to celebrate Thanksgiving and be THANKFUL for all our blessings. http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2012/10/pull-apart-pumpkin-maple-bread-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fun layer of apples inside the monkey bread...very yummy and caramely looking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!!! Thanks for sharing this at Fabulous Fridays! over at http://www.realhousemoms.com. My mouth just started watering like crazy!!!! This is being made as soon as I can make it to the store.

    ReplyDelete

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...