Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tasty Tuesday--5 Minute Minty Ice Cream Pie

Last week was my husband's birthday. He turned 39. He had a simple request for his birthday dessert--Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream (ahhh...a man after my own heart, no wonder we've been together for EVER!). But, I can't do simple. I wasn't going to give him a bowl of ice cream, no way. I had to add my special touch! And you can too--this is super easy, but looks amazing.
Here it goes:














For this pie you will need:
1 container of mint chocolate chip ice cream
1/4 cup sugar free hot fudge sauce, heated
1 Chocolate pie crust
12 Andes Candies
2 large Peppermint Patty Candies
Magic Shell

Take ice cream out of the freezer and put to the side to use in a minute. Chop up candies into bite size pieces. Pour hot fudge sauce on bottom of prepared pie crust. Scoop thawed ice cream into pie crust (on top of hot fudge sauce). Smooth ice cream out to your liking. Sprinkle chopped candies on top. Drizzle with Magic Shell. Put back into freezer until you are ready to serve. For best results, take pie out of freezer about 10 minutes before serving.

Enjoy this delicious dessert, perfect for any occassion!















You can twist this pie into your own creation. Really, the sky is the limit. If you don't care for mint chocolate chip, you can substitute your favorite flavor. Just think of the concoctions you could create: cookie dough ice cream, chopped up chocolate chips, chocolate bars, etc. OR peanut butter ice cream with chopped up peanut butter cups and Reese's pieces...ooh...I see another post in my future!

Let me know what combo's you would put together!

Thanks for stopping by!

Cindy 
Lady Behind the Curtain Cast Party Wednesday 
Christy's Cuties Tip-toe Thru Tuesday 
Weekend Wrap-Up Party at Tatortots and Jell-O.
Hookin' Up with HOH #117
Bloom Designs Link Party
Linked up at Riverton Housewives Roundup #33
Lil\'Luna

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. OOh mint ice cream is the best, but so is choco chip cookie dough. I could eat ice cream every night, oh wait, I do:) Thanks for the wonderful idea. I came over from The Real housewives of Riverton and I'm excited to see more of your creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! Have you seen the movie size boxes of cookie dough bites? I think that would be a great combo with the cookie dough ice cream! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was honestly just thinking something minty sounded good, then I saw this pie! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yumm! We love mint and chocolate. This is going on my to-do list! ;) I would love for you to link up to my party, Tip-toe thru Tuesday. It starts at 6am on Tuesday morning. I hope to see you there. Christy
      http://christyscuties.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  4. oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yummy! this looks soooo good! thanks again for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...