Thursday, September 20, 2012

DIY Kitchen Art

Ever since watching the show Cougar Town, I've wanted to add an EAT sign in my kitchen.










Well, I finally do! It's my own version to go with my "vineyard" theme kitchen. I love how simple it was and how cute it looks! I have this narrow space between the laundry room door and the pantry doors. I think this is the perfect DIY art piece for that space!

































I found the letters at JoAnn Fabric's for $1 a piece, and bought two 12x12 scrapbook papers in a pattern that I liked that also coordinated with my kitchen decor. I opted not to go with 3 different patterns, but I think that would be cute too.
I traced the letters on the paper and cut it out. I painted the letters a burgundy so the sides of the letters would match the design on the paper. When the paint was dry, I put a layer of modge podge on the letters and carefully placed the paper on top. Let dry. Next, I sanded down the paper edges to give it a more rustic look. I added puddy on the back of the letters and stuck them on the wall. My husband isn't fond of nail holes, so this made him happy. The letters are light enough and so far they haven't moved (even with all that humidity we had this summer)!
I am thrilled with how they turned out! Have you done a DIY art piece? 

Thanks for stopping by!

Cindy 
Look What I Made at Creations by Kara
Home Stories A to Z Link Party.
Get Your Craft On at Today's Creative Blog.
Motivate Me Monday at Keeping It Simple.
Strut Your Stuff at Six Sisters' Stuff.
Linky Party, Pity Party #106 at Thirty Handmade Days.
Weekend Wrap-Up Party at Tatortots and Jell-O. 

Pin It!

1 comment:

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...